Personalised, professional advice and marketing
Comprehensive agricultural and rural property advice
Experienced and local commercial property advice
Proactive and innovative advice and solutions


December 2009 - New UELS Scheme Released

20 December 2009

Natural England have now released the scheme handbook for the new Upland strand of the Entry Level Stewardship (ELS).For more information click here.

The scheme is set to replace the Hill Farm Allowance Scheme which comes to an end in 2010. Application forms for the scheme are available from February 2010, with the first entry date being 1st July 2010.

For advice or assistance with the new UELS scheme please contact Andrew Hardcastle at our knaresborough office on 01423 860322

December 2009 - RLR Mapping Update

11 December 2009

The RPA has now sent out the majority of the new maps to farmers.

Locally, the bulk of these were received between September and November and the revised maps are now being received.

Whilst the majority of requested amendments have been completed correctly, unfortunately some have not and therefore it is essential that they are thoroughly checked upon receipt.

For further information or assistance please contact Catherine Johnston or Andrew Hardcastle at our Knaresborough office 01423 860322.

Autumn 2009 - Agricultural Newsletter

21 October 2009

Lister Haigh are sending out their Autumn 2009 Agricultural Newsletter

Subjects covered are the Rural Land Register Mapping Update, Upland Entry Level Stewardship Scheme, Entry Level Stewardship Renewals and Nitrate Vulnerable Zones.

To download the newsletter please click here.

For further information please contact Andrew Hardcastle or Catherine Johnston at our Knaresborough office on 01423 860322

July 2009 - The Great Yorkshire Show 2009

01 July 2009

14th, 15th and 16th July 2009

Each year The Great Yorkshire Show attracts in excess of 120,000 visitors. Lister Haigh have been regular exhibitors for over 10 years. Why not join us this year and be part of it. Whether you are an existing client or not you are welcome to join us for a drink. You can find us on stand number 236

June 2009 - RPA to send out new RLR Maps

01 June 2009

The Rural Payments Agency (RPA) have commenced mailing out of new Rural Land Register (RLR) maps to all farmers in England who claim either Single Payment or Rural Development funding.

The new maps are being sent direct to farmers or authorised agents and are designed to bring the RLR maps up to date and reflect "real world changes" which have occurred since the last maps were produced back in 2005. They are to be based on the most recent 2008 Ordnance Survey data and will incorporate improved positional accuracy which should allow better mapping and identification of features on the ground.

However despite the technology available to the RPA it is anticipated that this exercise will cause considerable confusion and much change to existing data. During a trial run of 1,000 farmers earlier this year, approximately 90% of fields changed by 1% of the area resulting in a change to the eligible area declared on the SP5 claim form. This results in significant difference between the claim area and the number of entitlements held by a farmer and can reduce farmers SPS claim for the foreseeable future.

It is anticipated that the new RLR maps will be mailed out to the Yorkshire region later this summer. The RPA have requested a response within 28 days of receipt of the maps.

If you receive a set of new maps and would like our assistance in checking, amending or replying to the RPA then please contact Andrew Hardcastle or Catherine Johnston on 01423 860322.

February 2009 - A1 upgrade Dishforth to Barton (Scotch Corner)

01 February 2009

The Highways Agency are shortly commencing construction on the Dishforth to Leeming Bar section of the A1.

If you are affected in any way, please contact us immediately Tel: 01423 860322 or email us at:

If you are losing land you will shortly receive a Formal Notice from The Highways Agency. This may also allow you to make claims for losses suffered during construction.

However, even if no land is acquired you may be entitled to compensation. If there is depreciation in the value of your property arising from noise, vibration, smoke, fumes, smell, artificial light or dust due to the use of the new road a claim can be made for this.

To be eligible you must own the property at the time the alterations are completed.

All fees are paid by the Highways Agency.

Site by The Media Works