Careers & Opportunities
We are recruiting for a qualified Rural Surveyor to work within our busy Yorkshire practice, based in Knaresborough, to join the existing Agricultural/Rural Department. You will be joining the Company during an exciting period of growth with the opportunity to develop the role according to your skills and experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for building on existing client relationships and establishing new business contacts.
- Farm Business Consultancy including Diversification, Planning & Development.
- Providing general professional advice to rural clients.
- Valuations for Taxation & Tax Planning, Partnership Splits, Acquisition & Sale Advice.
- Farm support schemes – existing and emerging.
- To assist and encourage a growing team of graduate surveyors to ensure that we deliver an excellent service to our clients, whilst developing the skills and expertise of the team.
- Rural land management and compensation.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Strong stakeholder management skills along with the ability to build on existing client relationships.
- A practical knowledge of agriculture is important
- Self-motivated and comfortable with a high degree of autonomy.
- Qualified Member of the RICS.
- FAAV is preferable, but not essential.
- Strong planning & organisational skills.
- Good I.T. skills.
- Car owner with a full UK driving licence.
In the first instance, please send your CV and cover letter to:
Business Development Officer
Alternatively, postal applications should be sent to:
106 High Street, Knaresborough, HG5 0HN
We look forward to receiving your application!
Surveyors (Qualified or looking for Training)
At Lister Haigh, we are always interested in talking to people who are interested in joining our firm to obtain training or develop their careers.
We are particularly interested in meeting with people who would like to help develop and expand the business and join in its success. This applies to any one of the sectors of expertise we cover – Rural/Agricultural, Residential, Development and Commercial.
Please contact Sara Knapton, Business Development Manager on 01423 860322 or email: email@example.com
Please send a CV with covering letter to John Haigh at 106 High Street, Knaresborough, HG5 0HN or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org