Chartered Surveyors,
Land & Estate Agents,
Auctioneers & Valuers


01423 730700


01423 860322


01423 322382

Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) payment made

Back to news
Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) payment made

We are aware that a number of clients received their Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) payment for 2018 on the 1st December 2018 and that a number of others have been paid in the subsequent days since the 1st.  As previously mentioned in our news article of the 10th November the confirmed average September exchange rate is €1 = £0.89281, the confirmed entitlement values being a matter of pence/ha up on the 2017 values.

There are no formal BPS 2018 payment targets but we understand that the RPA intends to pay 90% of claimants by 31st December 2018.  The remaining 10% usually consists of claimants who have been subject to inspection, dual claim investigations, claimants on common land and those awaiting grant of probate.  As usual Lister Haigh have the resources available to accurately check any payment received and, if necessary, query the payment with the RPA, addressing payment errors and ensuring the correct payment is made.  If we can be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact our agricultural team on 01423 860322.