We are aware that the RPA are currently undertaking a number of NVZ inspections in our region.
These inspections cover all aspects of the Nitrate Vulnerable Zone regulations and often result in penalties to farmers Basic Payment Scheme payments due to incomplete, missing or incorrect records. Following a breach of the rules farmers will become ‘high risk’ and likely candidates for further inspections which may lead to substantial increases in any initial penalty, we therefore recommend that you ensure your records are up to date and compliant. Records should be in place dating back to 2010 as a minimum.
The regulations require all farmers with land in an NVZ to have the following records:
- Whole farm Risk Maps showing no spread zones
- Annual slurry production calculation and available storage
- Annual FYM production calculation
- Import & Export schedules for all manures
- Livestock Manure N Farm Limit calculation
- Individual field records showing planned Nitrogen, N Max calculation, Fertiliser & Manure applications
- Completion of NVZ booklets 1-9
We have been involved with a number of cases where records are required to comply with the regulations and are able to assist with provision of full farm records. Additionally we are able to advise on the impact of the New Farming Rules for Water and the additional record keeping required, this affects all farmers not just those in NVZ’s.
If you would like advise on the requirements applicable to your farm and assistance with any records please contact our Agricultural Team on 01423 860322