More information was released by DEFRA on 9th June about the Slurry Investment Scheme which is due to open for applications in Autumn 2022. Slurry Infrastructure grant – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We now know…
- Only pig, dairy and beef farmers already using a slurry system can apply.
- You can use the grant for multiple store types to suit the needs of the farm to:
- Replace existing stores that are no longer fit for purpose
- Build additional storage if your current stores are compliant
- Expand otherwise compliant storage eg add another ring to a steel tank
- You must use the grant to reach at least 6 months storage capacity (based on your current herd size)
- If you go beyond 6 months storage capacity the grant contribution is capped at 6 months
- You will need to maintain 6 months storage capacity on your farm as a condition of the grant funding so appropriate action must be taken if you increase your herd size in future
- All grant funded stores must be fitted with an impermeable cover (unless you already use a slurry acidification system that reduces the pH to 6 or below at point of storage)
- The grant will cover 50% of eligible costs
- The minimum grant is £25,000 and the maximum £250,000
DEFRA have stated that more information regarding the scheme will be published in Summer 2022. However, if you have any further questions in the meantime our Agricultural Consultancy Team would be happy to help. Please call our Knaresborough Office on 01423 860322.