Lister Haigh is pleased that HM Government has relaxed the restrictions on the property market allowing us to resume our services.This is the guidance in full:-
We wish to ensure all concerned remain safe in these unique times. As such we have updated our protocol for working in this new environment:-
- Offices — Our offices in Knaresborough, Harrogate and Boroughbridge are open but with a closed-door policy. Access to our offices and indeed any property viewings or inspections will only take place on a prior appointment basis.
- Health Declaration—Before visiting our offices or undertaking viewings/inspections, all parties will be asked if they have COVID-19 or are showing any symptoms, are shielding or clinically vulnerable or are currently self-isolating. If so, such visits will not be permitted and will have to be arranged after a 14 day period of self-isolation.
- Prior to Viewings—We will not be undertaking any open views of properties we are selling or letting, nor will we drive any parties to viewing appointments. Furthermore, we ask viewers to familiarise themselves with any properties they wish to view by considering the comprehensive sale particulars on our website listerhaigh.co.uk , and utilising the likes of Google Maps and Google Street together with supporting information which is available on the property portals that we use www.rightmove.co.uk and www.onthemarket.co.uk. We are also in the process of shooting and uploading phone videos of our current instructions to give greater prior understanding. Our agents are readily available to give comprehensive information over the phone from their first-hand knowledge of the properties we are handling.
- Viewings—These will be strictly by appointment with viewing numbers limited to only two parties from one immediate family along with either the seller/landlord of the property or a member of our staff. Any children under the age of 16 are discouraged from viewing. The time viewers spend inside a property will be limited to a maximum of 15 minutes with sellers/landlords asked to leave internal doors open in advance so that viewers to the property do not need to touch. Furthermore, viewers are required not to touch any other surfaces during their visit.
- Market Appraisals and Inspections—When any of our staff undertake market appraisals or other inspections, they will follow the procedures set down elsewhere in this protocol with any subsequent advice to owners/landlords given externally where social distancing requirements will apply or by a subsequent telephone call or other electronic means (eg WhatsApp, email etc).
- PPE—Our staff will wear gloves, shoe protectors and masks where appropriate when undertaking viewings or property inspections. Viewers are requested to provide their own PPE. Where possible, sellers/landlords are expected to leave anti-bacterial sanitiser or hand soap with disposable towels at the property for use before and after viewings/inspections. Before and after viewings/inspections our staff will use anti-bacteria wipes on door handles, handrails, cupboard doors and other potential touch areas.
- Social Distancing—This must be strictly observed. Where properties are furnished, our staff will accompany viewers internally (respecting distances whenever possible) and it is requested that sellers/landlords do not remain inside the property at these times. In relation to empty properties, our staff will also remain outside the property allowing viewers to inspect on their own but requiring adherence to the viewing procedures outlined above (ie doors to remain open and surfaces are not to be touched).
We hope this protocol is self-explanatory and we request you fully accord with its requirements for the benefit of all concerned in order to remain safe and well. Should you have any queries or indeed concerns, do please contact us in advance.
Thank you from all at Lister Haigh